As we’re seeing from the snowfall over the past several days, Cape Cod is certainly not immune to classic New England winter weather. And even if you’re lucky enough to be a snowbird your home stays here year-round – withstanding every element in every season.
To protect to integrity of your home’s structure, power (pressure) washing should be part of your general maintenance plan. Power washing is also one of the most affordable ways to increase your home’s value – up to several thousand dollars each time it’s done. How often should you power wash? It depends on where your home is situated, and environmental factors like how much rain we’ve had, but many homeowners have their house power washed once a year.
Once again in 2016, Stewart Painting will donate $10 from every power wash to the Cape & Islands United Way
While you can rent a power washer and do it yourself, there are several benefits to hiring a professional, including saving time and money.
10 Reasons to Hire a Professional to Power Wash Your Home
1. Expertise. Operating a power washer requires a certain level of skill, and even a small slip can cause damage to your home.
2. Safety. Professional power washers are trained to take the necessary precautions on the job, from lifting heavy equipment to climbing a ladder. This is their job, so they understand the risks better than anyone.
3. Preservation. Power washing helps preserve your paint job. By washing away debris, dirt and mold, painted surfaces will stay looking new, longer.
4. Prevention. Power washing helps reveal any wooden rot, so problems can often be nipped in the bud before they get out of control. It can also extend the life of the siding, saving you from premature replacement or repairs.
5. State-of-the-art equipment. Speaking of the right equipment, the pros have it. In additon to the power washeritself, there are attachments, ladders, protective clothing and more to consider. Renting all of these items separately can add up, and commercial-grade tools aren’t always available to the general consumer.
6. Save money. Power washing has a grat ROI. Not only do you get an immediate aesthetic improvement, you are also helping to prevent future potential damage to your home.
7. Save time. Doing the job right takes time, precision and patience. A DIY job without the proper equipment or training could take double or triple the time it would take a professional to do it.
8. Preparation. Power washing is also an excellent way to restore exterior surfaces before you paint or stain. If you’re planning to redo your deck, for example, you’ll get the best results if you get a professional power wash before you apply the finish.
9. Health. This is a big one for Cape Cod. Living in a coastal climate means we are more susceptible to mold, which can pose serious health risks. Mold spores can sneak into your home through cracks and exposed areas, so cleaning the exterior on a regular basis will reduce your chances of having a mold problem.
10. Safe for the environment. Our power washing services are effective and eco-friendly. The pressure of the water does the dirty work, so we don’t need to use harsh chemicals that can be harmful to the environment or the people and pets who live in your house.
Ready to have your home professionally power washed? Contact the experts at Stewart Painting for a free estimate. And remember, $10 from each power wash will be donated to the Cape & Islands United Way.